Car accidents are unfortunately a leading source of property damage and bodily injuries in the U.S. Florida is a no-fault state, which means that all drivers are required to carry a certain amount of personal injury protection insurance, and in case of an accident this insurance is supposed to cover their medical bills, no matter who is at fault. If you are in an auto accident, you should seek medical treatment immediately even if there are no apparent injuries. Certain types of injuries don’t become apparent for hours or even days following the accident, so it is better to be safe than sorry. Moreover, it is essential to have records of being treated for your injury if you’re going to file an auto accident claim and seek compensation for your medical bills. Read on to learn more about why you should seek appropriate treatment following an auto accident claim, and how having a medical professional who is experienced in treating patients after auto accidents can help expedite your claim.
Why You Should Seek Immediate Injury Treatment Following An Auto Accident
Having a record of the details of your post-accident medical treatment can play a vital role when your insurance company evaluates your claim. In Florida, all drivers are required to carry a minimum of $10,000 of personal injury protection insurance, which means that no matter who is at-fault for the accident, if the damages are under $10,000 then your insurer is supposed to compensate you. Having detailed medical records that show you immediately sought treatment following an auto accident can help ensure you get the compensation you deserve. Some reasons why it can help your claim include:
- Providing essential evidence: Treatment establishes that your injuries were caused by the accident and not before or after. Your treatment record can be the most important piece of evidence your attorney can use to prove your claim and get a fair compensation amount. Moreover, trained medical personnel like Dr. Perkins can help validate your claim through providing a diagnosis and treatment plan, proving treatment costs and the costs of continual care.
- Getting your medical costs reimbursed: To get your costly medical bills reimbursed by insurance, you need to have official records.
- Protecting your health: Receiving prompt treatment helps you protect your own health and wellbeing. Some injuries aren’t apparent immediately after the accident, so seeking prompt care is important even if you don’t feel injured.
Auto Accident Injury Treatment
Dr. Gene Perkins at Coastal Chiropractic has years of experience treating auto accident injuries and is a top reference by auto accident attorneys in his area for their clients if they get into a car accident. Some standard treatment options for auto accident injuries include:
- Using supports such as splints and braces for sprains, strains, and fractures
- Specialized exercises for reconditioning and strength
- Chiropractic adjustments to treat whiplash, a common auto accident injury
Contact Us Today
At Coastal Chiropractic, we will help you get back to your daily activities and old life following an auto accident. If you require immediate treatment or long-term rehabilitation following an auto accident, call Coastal Chiropractic to schedule an appointment today.